At Quest Consultants & Associates, we believe that your company's best dollars are spent in pre-planned prevention of a spill. That is why the Federal required SPCC Plans are an integral part of the services we recommend. If you work in the oil and gas, general manufacturing, paint or ink manufacturing, mining, food industry or transportation industry such as airports you may be required to have such a plan by Federal regulatory requirement. Implementing a plan demonstrates that you value employee safety and environmental stewardship. Facilities that follow well-prepared SPCC Plans can expect to minimize if not avoid oil spills that could result in penalties, fines, or costly remediation activities.
Quest Consultants & Associates has extensive experience in designing, implementing, and preparing SPCC Plans. Due to this experience and familiarity with the Federal regulations, we know what the regulators want and, more importantly, what you need for cost-effective compliance with the federal SPCC rules. Thoroughly researched and carefully prepared, this Federal EPA required plan will immediately minimize your expense and liability and provide a standard operating procedure should a spill occur. Furthermore, it can significantly reduce the risk of a spill occurring.
- Performance of on-site research and assessment based upon Federal Standards
- Plan certification by registered Professional Engineer
- Written report with digital photos upon completion of service to meet or exceed Federal Regulations
SPCC Compliance Audits
The Federal SPCC rule under 40 CFR part 112 requires more than just a plan. It also requires that certain aspects of the facility meet design, construction, maintenance, and inspection requirements. The Federal SPCC Compliance Audit is designed to determine if any deficiencies exist relative to the existing SPCC Plan and current Federal Regulations. Upon request, Quest Consultants will provide a thorough report on any deficiencies along with recommendations that will aid your facility in preparation of a pending State or Federal EPA inspection.
Features of the Confidential Federal SPCC Compliance Audit include an onsite visit to the facility in order to:
- Compare existing site diagram to current site conditions
- Measure berm height at its lowest point and compare to the Federal SPCC Plan requirements
Note the condition of all secondary containment
- Confirm all tanks or drums that are 55-gallons or larger containing hydrocarbons are within secondary containment
- Inspect a visual condition of tanks and equipment, including tank foundations
- Check drainage lines (if present) to ensure they are closed and locked
- Inspect tank truck loading area, load line covers, drip pots, etc.
- Inspect general area of flow lines for dead or distressed vegetation and/or condition of line connections, where exposed
- Note any spills of oil or produced water that could enter the environment
Call us today at 888-730-4646 to discuss your needs or email is at Quest@Questinc2.com